Friday, November 7, 2014

Artist Spotlight - Jim Steck



I came across Jim online - Love his work and am amazed by his impressive resumé.


Tell us a bit about yourself: Did you go to school for art? Are you self taught?
I went to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. I graduated with a degree in Visual Communications,
leading to a 20+ year career as an award Senior Art Director in advertising agencies in Orlando,
FL. My original style was hand drawn Disney style. Once I learned how to use a computer my style
changed to my current style using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

What inspires you / where do you get inspiration from?
I love the clean, modern character style of 1950’s-60’s advertising animation.

Do you work in just one medium? Several?
Illustrator and Photoshop.

What are you working on now?
I am currently working on some illustrations projects for publishers in S. Korea and Spain.
No new license work yet but I’m plugging along. I sell some nifty art at
https://creativemarket.com/steckfigures and our children’s book can be purchased through
http://littleheads.net/page2

Anything else you want to tell everyone?
I’ve illustrated 15 children’s books many publishing companies including Cartoon Network as well
as promotions for McDonald’s, Denny’s Pizza Hut and Chick fil-A.

Are you an early riser? or night owl?
Both, it depends on my workload.

What is your favorite food?
Pizza! Even frozen pizza.



You can fi nd Jim:
Email: jim@steckfigures.com
Phone: 407-473-5581
Website: http://www.steckfigures.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jim.steck.73
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-steck/a/6aa/822/

THANK YOU for stopping by my blog!
Do you want to be spotlighted? Send me an email: anntroe@cox.net
Make my day and follow this blog :-D



4 comments:

  1. What a very cool art style Jim! Kudos to you. And thank you Ann for sharing another artist with us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Valerie! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting <3

      Delete
  2. Awesome design work. I love your clean line style, bright color changes, and the flow and movement in your pieces... WTG...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting - HUGS!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...