Friday, July 12, 2013

A Peek into Palette Knife Pumpkin Painting

Palette Knife Painting and Art Licensing - A Fun Mix!

I found pictures I took of one of my palette knife pumpkin paintings. They give you a peek into how I painted it. It is acrylic paint on 8x10 cotton canvas panel.

Step 1. Layout!
Step 2. I decided to start with the background.
Step 3. Painted the pumpkins
Step 4. Painted the stem added highlights and finishing touches!
Step X. I painted 3 other pumpkin palette knife paintings, leaves, acorns... below is one of the portfolio pages I set up for this collection.

Let me know if you enjoyed peeking into this style of painting. I find it very fun!
(painting and sharing).

Thanks for reading and commenting!




5 comments:

  1. LOVE this Annie - it's so wonderful to see such an expressive, fun style of painting translate so well to licensing!! Thanks so much for sharing this...opens up a world of possibilities!!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your awesome comment! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie that is great. I didn't notice but is it acrylic or oil paint. I love the outcome and the nuances this lends itself to. I haven't used a palette knife to paint in years and now I am looking for it. lol lol lol Great to see this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's right there in the beginning. NEVER MIND. I flew by to see the pumpkin. Oops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Madeline: I am working on a new palette knife collection right now! It is fun and challenging - Love it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...