Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Photo Review: A look at Surtex Booths & ArtLicensingShow.com


Hey Everyone! :-) This post is from my seat on the Art Licensing "bus".

Click on images to view larger.

Yup that is me above standing next to my very cute Mummy/Monsters/Halloween art. Don't you just LOVE Artistic Designs Group new logo! artsdg.com. Sorry Joanne Fink, zenspirations.com! I am standing right in front of your art... ADG had a larger booth, this picture doesn't begin to show it all. They represent such amazing artists! You know how it is, I had to show my folks my banner in their booth :-) —Hi Mom and Dad!

Backing up a bit, above is the layout of surtex - This is for those who haven't been and/or who are thinking of exhibiting next year. It gives you the layout and how many booths. LOTS more info and a PDF of the floor plan can be found on www.surtex.com.

Above right is the layout of Javits. There are couple of shows going on at the same time. I did walk quite a bit of NSS (www.nationalstationeryshow.com) but I didn't ask anyone if I could take pictures of their booths.


Some booths are double, triple the size of one booth, some are corner booths. These photos don't do justice to seeing it in person! These are the booths/people I got permission from to take photos.


I got to spend time with both of these ladies! It was so much fun to get to know them better. The booth is Painted Planet Licensing Group paintedplanetlicensing.com. On the left is Jackie Decker - TEASER! I will be featuring Jackie soon on this blog - she has a VERY interesting art story. On the Right is Jan Draheim, President and all around cool lady. Quick Shout out to Leah Cochran, Asst. Acct. Manager - I had a great time getting to know you as well :-)


Many of you know these two ladies! On the left is Christine Reed Cavanaugh (sister :-) And Tara Reed is on the right. This is Tara's booth tarareeddesigns.com. I have links to several of Tara's cool products to help artist on my Useful Stuff page (I have purchased some myself).  NOTE: there is a wonderful FREE call coming up that Paul Brent does with Tara wrapping up Surtex. This links tells Tara you found it through me (but I don't make any money from it, it is a free call :-) click here for Surtex Review with Paul Brent.


This is Dinah's Booth dinahdesignstudio.com. We kept running into each other - even Monday night on the streets of New York :-) She is an artist to keep you eye on.


I Chatted a bit with jwdlicensing.com. I didn't want to take up too much of anyone's time - they are at Surtex to do business! Not talk with me :-) The Owl on the top left is what stopped me in my tracks. I also notice they represent an artist that is one of my favorites - Nancy Medina. We haven't met yet, I am sure some day we will :-) nancymedina.com.


This is a partial photo of Cultivate Art Collective cultivateartcollective.com. I met Betsey Hodson (left) this year and Susanne Kasielke (right) last year when she and I walked Surtex together. Here is a blurb from their website: "At Cultivate Art Collective, we actively support artists, illustrators and designers by providing them with the opportunity to show and exhibit their work to a global audience.  We do this through the benefits of our membership website, professional peer support and community, our new quarterly e-publication CROP, marketing and promotional opportunities, and by attending and exhibiting at various international trade shows such as SURTEX, the Licensing Show and Printsource."




This is Cultivate Art Agency - Yes there is a connection to Cultivate Art Collective. You can read up about it on cultivateartagency.com. or on Cultivate Art Collective's website link above. Pictured is Rachelle Panagarry - she is such a delight!



I snuck in a photo of the Trend Theater. There are quite a few free presentations you can get in on while visiting Surtex. There are also seminars you can pay to attend.


Now for ArtLicensingShow.com! This site is growing like a weed! The photo shows some of the people that I got to chat with and the giveaway items from the Monday morning meet up. I am guessing about 40 people showed, maybe more. This is a NEW site that is still in Beta testing. I personally got a nibble through this site already and I am very excited to hear how the meeting went with my agent at Surtex! You can join this site for FREE if you are an artist and want to just look around http://redcarpet.artlicensingshow.com/event-registration-step-1/ scroll down for options and pricing.

Licensees, Art Directors and Manufactures join for FREE and can really simplify their lives with this online art licensing show.

This is the very same site that I have my group "2nd Thursdays" (235 members and growing) that you may have seen me talking about. http://artlicensingshow.com/groups/2nd-thursdays/.

Well this is a fun post and gives you an idea of what Surtex is like. For me, it gets me energized and fired up to create a bunch of new collections.

Thank you to Rose Mary Berlin rosemaryberlin.com for bringing a "Biscutt" book and signing it for my daughter. So glad I ran into Lisa Conlin lisaconlindesigns.com in one of the Surtex isles. It was great to pal around with you.

Thank you to all the cool people I got to meet and hang out with and to all of you for following and supporting this blog! Let me know what you think of this post. Please share your thoughts and experiences on the shows.





14 comments:

  1. Looks great, Annie. This is my first year missing Surtex; I was pretty down all weekend thinking about not being there. I am also represented by ADG. If you have any other pix of their booth, I'd love to see. Hoping to get a peek at my banner :) Thanks. My email addy is mycollageart [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nancy! I know you are one of the TALENTED ADG artists! I didn't get any other booth pictures - I would start talking with people and forget to take them! Julie may send photos in her show recap to us. Hope we can meet soon :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Annie. Sounds like you had a great time. Maybe we'll meet up next year.

      Delete
    3. I really hope so! Would love to hear about how you make your art/collage http://www.mycollageart.com

      Delete
  2. Thanks Annie you did a great post on surtex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DedaDesign! ;-) Thank you! I would rather see pictures than a lot of text myself <3 Thanks for stopping by the blog. Chat with you soon.

      Delete
  3. Awesome post, Ann.... It is always good looking at the world through your eyes. :) I would have been drooling if I was looking at all of that art in one place under one roof. It's going to be like that on our Artlicensingshow.com site soon too. Can't wait. Love the photos you shared, and I'm looking forward to hearing what kinds of things you picked up and learned. Good for you on a bite on Artlicensingshow.com also. Sounds like your trip was a great success. :) Thanks again for sharing! Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! ALWAYS love it when you stop by the blog :-) I can't say that I learned much new yet from the show. I may have some info to share after my agent and I touch base in a week or so.

      Delete
  4. Hi Annie! I really enjoyed this post. It's so fun seeing it through your eyes! Thanks so much! -Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I appreciate you stopping by and commenting :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to share all of these wonderful tidbits! I love seeing the pictures.
    I look forward to going one day...maybe next year :-)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam! If you decide to go, be sure to let me know so we can meet up :-) Thank you for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  6. Hi Annie, what a great Surtex post - thank you for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leslie! I assume you saw this year's post too http://annietroe.blogspot.com/2016/05/surtex-30-photo-review.html Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...