Thursday, May 22, 2014

Surtex 2014 and My Biggest Take-a-Way!

Art Licensing! (click photos to see them larger)

 

Surtex fires me up! I am going to start with my biggest take-a-way because I know you all are busy! Have you heard about ArtLicensingShow.com? It is Cherish Flieder's amazing site opening June 2. Founding Artists members can start signing up on May 27th - THAT is soon! No matter your role in the art licensing industry, this website is for you. It is 5 years in the making and I am very excited about it! Read about it and sign up for email updates here: http://redcarpet.artlicensingshow.com


I got to meet Cherish - finally, and what fun we had at the Art of Licensing meet up! (artoflicensing.com) There were two drawings and ARTISTS! It was loads of fun talking with so many of you. We need to get together more often - it is so good for my soul :-D I had a few artists sign my Annie's Doodlebugz logo backpack including the fabulous Ronnie Walter. She has a new book: "License to Draw: How I built a fun career in art licensing and you can too!" ...I didn't want her to sign my iPad since I have the eBook version. :-)


Lastly I have to give a shout out & a big THANK YOU  to my Agents Lainey and Teresa - Parcai Designs. Because of all of their heavy lifting at Surtex (and through out the year!) I can connect with all of you :-)


Please share your Surtex experience with me! Thank you so much for stopping by.


10 comments:

  1. I'm also excited about the new website artlicensingshow.com! I think it will be a fabulous way for artists and manufacturers to connect. And it was great to meet you at Surtex Anne :) Even though we were across the aisle we didn't get to visit much, but it was so nice to meet you and see your art, I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! Thanks Megan! I have been a fan of your art for a long time :-) http://www.madartgallery.net/

      Delete
  2. was great to meet you after chatting online! Wishing you much success!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at ya! - Felt like my group kept you from your break. Hope you had a fantastic Surtex!

      Thanks for the blog love :-)

      Delete
  3. ah this is such a great and very helpful article for us starting out, thanks for writing it and sharing Annie. Jessie G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Jessie for stopping by! I am very interested to see more information about ArtLicensingShow.com

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the information on the ArtLicensingShow.com site. I wasn't at Surtex but it looks as if you had a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year was about connecting with artists. YES! I had a great time! Boy was I pooped! Maybe I will see you next year :-) THANK YOU so much for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  5. It was nice to meet you at the show. I hope it was a smash hit for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madeline :-) GREAT to meet you in person at Surtex! My goal was to connect with artist this year and it was a HUGE success. I know you had a good show too! THANK you for commenting on my blog :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...