Friday, August 11, 2017

Artist Spotlight - Emily Cromwell



Tell us a bit about yourself: Did you go to school for art? Are you self taught?  
Hi there! So my name is Emily Cromwell, I’ve been creating art ever since I can remember. I grew up taking art lessons, and drawing and creating in my free time. I went to school at Framingham State University where I majored in Illustration. They didn’t teach digital illustration there, so I had to teach myself. I got a Wacom tablet and just kept experimenting until I found my style!

Do you work in just one medium? Several?
I only work digitally on the computer. I always start out my designs first by sketching them in my sketchbook, but ultimately they’re brought to life with color on the computer where I paint digitally.

What inspires you / where do you get inspiration from?
I’m inspired by colorful and sparkly things! I get my inspiration from wanting to make people smile and feel happy. All of my artwork is created with vibrant colors, positive messages, and happy illustrations because I want people to feel joy and happiness when they look at my designs!


How did you start licensing your art?
I started licensing my art when I signed on with my art licensing agent. I don’t know where I would be without them!

What are you working on now?
Right now I’m working on catching up on Surtex requests for manufacturers. I’m also doing various freelance projects!

 

Any great advice for our readers?
Hmmm..some advice that I have to give is to always create art that you’re passionate about. People can tell when you create artwork that you’re happy with, so always make sure that you enjoy and love what you’re working on! I use music to help me do this sometimes! If I’m designing a Hawaiian pattern, I’ll pull up Youtube and stream a Hawaiian music playlist. I’ll do the same for Christmas, Halloween, summer, pretty much anything! Music really helps you to get in the mindset of what you’re designing, if you ever find that you’re struggling. =)

Anything else you would like to share with us?
I’m in the midst of signing my first licensing deal right now (YAY!), as well as working on creating more collections for both holidays and everyday themes. I’m also working towards getting a children’s book I wrote and illustrated, published or maybe even self-published.

 

Are you an early riser? or night owl?
Would you believe me if I said both?! I usually get up around 7am-9am, and I stay up creating until midnight-3am. My sleeping schedule is all over the place!

What is your favorite food?
Salmon!

You can find Emily:
Instagram: @emilycromwell
www.emilycromwell.com
www.emilycromwell.etsy.com

Want to be spotlighted? email me info@AnnGraphics.com. I am looking forward to your comments below and thanks for sharing this great information on social media.

 

Make my day! and Buy me a cup of coffee (PayPal Link in right side bar, you don't need a PayPal acct.)
Don't want to miss the good stuff? Sign up for my newsletter ;-) Really looking forward to your comments below!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...