Friday, September 11, 2015

Artist Spotlight - Lisa Conlin


Thanks, Annie, for spotlighting me today, it’s an honor. (Welcome Lisa! :-D

Tell us a bit about yourself: Did you go to school for art? Are you self taught?

Like most artists, as a child I was happiest with pencils and paint brush in hand. There was really never a doubt that the art world was where I needed to be. I attended the University of Hartford Art School where I earned a BFA in Illustration with a heavy emphasis on painting, photography, and art history.

Out of school, I became an illustrator and animator for a children’s educational software company. Animation was not something that I had any sort of training in so it was definitely a self taught kind of thing.  Over time the software company grew and became a part of Vivendi Universal Games. I grew with them into a software designer, art director and executive producer.

After the birth of my first daughter I decided home is where I needed to be and I have been freelancing ever since.

Nowadays you can find me creating home decor collections for use in art licensing, freelancing in illustration and graphic design, and teaching my own after school art program called Art Explorers. I guess you can say I wear a few artistic hats.

Do you work in just one medium? Several?

My mediums of choice are watercolors, gouache, acrylics, colored pencil and even a mix of marker from time to time.

What inspires you / where do you get inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from so many things: nature, books, music, my family, and friends. It’s really everywhere and in everything. Oh, and a trip to the Met is always, always inspirational for me. I could hang in the Impressionists wing for days and not get bored.

What are you working on now?
This month I have a Christmas collection on the drawing board and a coastal collection being assembled on the computer.

I work as the primary freelance artist for TSC Giftables, for whom I’ve just finished creating packaging for their new soap line. I’ve created several collections for them and the matching soaps hit the shelves next month, which is very exciting!

This month my Art Explorers program will be expanding into a new space and classes will be starting soon. I’m always excited for a new session of students - we always have such a good time.

Anything else you would like to share with us?
I’m thankful that I am in the business of creating pretty things, and for my art licensing agent, Carol White from Artworks! Licensing, who helps me share those pretty things with the world.

I’m also grateful for the opportunities I have had freelancing. I’ve worked with some really great clients over the years. I’ve always found working with and creating exactly what a client is looking for very satisfying.

I’ve been lucky and blessed to be surrounded by family and friends in my life who are such great cheerleaders, especially fellow licensing artist Jackie Decker. We have been best friends since college and have been boosting each others artistic souls to shine bright ever since.

Are you an early riser? or night owl?

I am a die hard night owl. For what ever reason I feel like my creative mojo flows the best then.

What is your favorite food?
I love Italian food. Don’t let my last name fool you, my Italian heritage runs deep.

Thanks again for spotlighting me Annie!



You can find Lisa:
www.lisaconlindesigns.com
lisa@lisaconlindesigns.com
Like me on Facebook: Lisa Conlin Designs
www.artworkslicensing.com
carol@artworkslicensing.com


THANK YOU for stopping by my blog!
Do you want to be spotlighted? Send me an email: info@AnnGraphics.com
Make my day and follow this blog :-D Don't want to miss the good stuff? Sign up for my newsletter ;-)


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...